Loopslab is the name for the technology that powers web based audio synchronizing and editing applications. In short its a web based mixing studio.
Designed in flash the app basically places the power of being a DJ and even a full fledged musician in the hands of the average web user.
It uses a very simple and intuitive interface where you can use the premade musical sample/loops and place them on a time line to make you very own special mix of sorts.
If you’re slightly more adventurous , you have the option to record some sounds of your own, edit it, loop it, and then throw it into the mix (so to speak) and turn it into an MP3, all this from your browser WITHOUT the need of any specialized hardware or software!
Be sure to check out their demo page to see what other options are there to try your hands out at mixing your own tunes!.
Key features include
- Multi-channel mixing (up to 32 channels)
- Advanced multi-channel presets
- MP3 sampling / triggering / remixing
- Complete load/save/vote functionality
- Audio recording capabilities (client-side)
- Sequencing / song composing
- Output audio to WAV/MP3 files
- Ring tone creation and output
- Video mixing capabilities and integration
- Multiuser, collaborative music environments
- Stereo-effects processing
- Drum and rhythm pattern machine
- MP3 mixing / crossfading
- Widget playback and distribution
- Social network integration
- Crossplatform (MAC|PC)