Nintendo has launch the third edition of the most popular portable video game system on the planet and the latest development in hand-held gaming. Nintendo DSi will surprise gamers with its incredible features, which will allow novice and expert gamers the ability to personalize, customize and modify their and share their experiences with friends and family.
Nintendo DSi allows users to create and share unique moments using a number of distinctive features, such as two built-in interactive cameras, which let people snap and modify photos. These cameras, one pointing at the user when the system is open, one facing away, lets the gamers take photos and manipulate them with 10 built-in â€œlensesâ€ including Distortion, Graffiti and Mischief. The cameras add creativity to the already existing features, by letting users personalize their photos and sharing them wirelessly with friends and family.
The Nintendo DSi Sound application allows gamers to record sound or music, which can be modified using simple tools. Users can put their own twist on their music with the ability to play and maneuver AAC sound files accessed from an SD card. These tunes are not saved or stored â€“ theyâ€™re meant for having fun on-the-go, changing the pitch or playback speed of a clip is as simple as a click.
Another feature is the launch of Nintendo DSi Online Store. Nintendo brings in the concept of purchase of interactive games and applications from online store in exchange for Nintendo DSi points.Â Visitors to the Nintendo DSi Shop can also download the Nintendo DSi Browser, free of cost to enjoy portable access to the Internet. The browser is powered by Opera and is simple-to-use application, which makes use of the Nintendo DSi systemâ€™s dual-screen display to provide fast, spontaneous Web surfing.
Apart from the added features and ultimate user experience, Nintendo also offers developers an exciting opportunity to create new games and applications. Nintendo DSiWareâ„¢ provides brings creative and most original hand-held games from variety of studios and genres.
â€œThe concept of entertainment is clearly expanding to enable self-expression and creation in ways never before possible,â€ said Cammie Dunaway, Nintendo of Americaâ€™s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. â€œNintendo DSi is loaded with software to help people do exactly that. Itâ€™s not just about the cameras or audio playback, but what people can do with these features that makes Nintendo DSi such an enjoyable game system.â€
Here are some of Nintendo DSiWareâ€™s diverse, constantly expanding lineups of game titles:
- WarioWareâ„¢: Snapped! â€“ Using the built-in Nintendo DSi camera, this exciting title places the players right at the center of fast-paced mini-games, where gamers face challenges to race the clock and get a peek at Warioâ€™s photo album.
- Bird & Beansâ„¢ â€“ Using an elastic tongue, players must move quickly to collect falling beans. The harder the catch, the more points itâ€™s worth.
- Brain Ageâ„¢ Express: Math â€“ In this math-focused edition of the popular Brain Age series, players can enjoy a mix of new and regular training exercises.Â New Themes mode also lets Nintendo DSi users experiment with images and voice recordings in amusing, creative ways.
- Master of Illusionâ„¢ Express: Funny Face â€“ This game uses your Nintendo DSi as a prop in a card trick. Draw a face on the touch screen and surprise your audience as the face tells them which playing card they picked.
- Art Styleâ„¢: AQUIAâ„¢ â€“ The newest addition to the amazing collection of Art Style series, this exciting underwater puzzle game challenges players to help a scuba diver reach the ocean floor by matching a series of colored blocks.
People who buy and connect Nintendo DSi system to the Nintendo DSi shop by Oct. 5, 2009, will automatically get 1,000 Points. (Visit dsioffer.nintendo.com for more details.) Users can purchase additional Nintendo DSi Points in the Nintendo DSi Shop or via a Nintendo Points Card sold at retail locations. Nintendo DSi Points will be available in increments of 2,000 at an MSRP of $19.99. Software in the Nintendo DSi Shop will be available at four price points: free, 200 points, 500 points and 800+ points.
Nintendo DSi will be available in the United States in Blue or Black at an MSRP of $169.99.Â Nintendo DSi also features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about Nintendo DSi, visit www.NintendoDSi.com.