I upgraded my old (though still robust) Dell Inspiron 15 to Windows 8 over the weekend. I’ve struggled quite a bit since then to get it up and running and finally ended up resetting my computer. It has been stable since then and the operating system is definitely faster than Vista and Windows 7.
If you’ve purchased Windows 8 Pro, then for a limited period, you can get the new Windows 8 Media Center completely free!
Simply visit the Add Features page on the Windows site before 31 January 2013 and you can get a serial code completely free emailed to you.
I received mine within 24 hours of having filled up the form.
Follow these steps to add Windows 8 Media Center Pack to your PC running Windows 8 Pro:
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. (If you’re using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, and then click Search)
- Enter “add features” in the search box, and then tap or click Settings
- Tap or click Add features to Windows 8
- Then tap or click I already have a product key
- Enter the product key, and then click Next
- Read the license terms, select the check box to accept the license terms, and then click Add features