As part of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, Kabam in association with WB created The Hobbit: Kingdoms. I’m not normally one for playing a strategy game but my attraction for all things LOTR drove me to trying the game out. It’s been nearly a year, but I haven’t stopped! Hence, it does warrant a post on this blog especially with the new update.
In The Hobbit: Kingdoms of Middle-Earth, you can choose to play either as an Elf or a Dwarf, create up to 3 cities currently and train various levels and types of troops. You can then choose to attack other cities. Join alliances and chat with players worldwide. The latest update adds a new campaign feature where you join Gandalf and the other warriors in a fight against the orcs of Middle Earth.
- Join thousands of other players worldwide
- Forge diplomatic alliances with other leaders
- Train vast armies to rid the land of Goblins
- Conquer enemies across Middle-earth
- Upgrade buildings and weapons to strengthen your city
- Plan strategy in real time live chat
- Participate in tournaments for valuable rewards
- Play as Elf or Dwarf, with unique buildings, troops, and quests
- Meet Bilbo, Gandalf, and other characters from the movie
- Appoint heroes like Legolas and Thorin Oakenshield to lead your troops
- Conquer the terrors of Mirkwood and bring peace to Rhovanion
- and much, much more!