Right, I’m not normally a Laptop person, mainly because I like my keyboards big and comfortable. But one can’t go on with life without saying something about Dell’s new Adamo. Claimed to be the World’s slimmest laptop, this really is the cool new laptop-kid on the block.
I’m not saying it’s as important as shooting a monkey into space, but it’s pretty cool.
At least as far as I’m concerned, this is one sweet looking laptop with all the basic gadgetry you’ll need to go about being your double O self.
At .65 inches when closed it truly is quite neat. It even manages to accommodate a 13.4inch 16:9 HD screen. Considering it’s not an Apple product and still seems so cool, I’m going to give it a 4.5/5 on the ‘cool-o-meter’.
The laptop comes in 2 models; the Admire and the Desire.
The Desire is a little more expensive than the Admire but comes with a little more kit, so to speak. Both of them come with all your basic features, which you can read up on here.. What’s really impressive is that despite being so thin, it offers a battery life of 5 hours, or so I’ve heard, which isn’t too bad at all. It’s a small price to pay for something as cool as this.
To give you a small taste of what all it offers;
- Super-thin 13.4-inch 16:9 (High Definition; 720p) WLED display
- Full-size keyboard with back-lighting and scalloped, metallic key cap design
- Integrated 1.3 megapixel camera and integrated digital microphone
- IO: Display Port, USBx3 (1 eSATA combination), Audio Out and integrated RJ-45 port
- Communications: Gigabit LOM, Bluetooth 2.1, 802.11n (3×3)
- 5+ hr battery life using Li-Polymer cells; 40 Whr
Here’s the cool bit:
- Dimensions: (w x d x h) 13.03 x 9.5 x 0.65 in (331 x 242 x 16.39 mm)
- Weight: 1.81 kg (4.0 lb)
And of course you can either get the C2D 1.2GHZ Admire with 2GB ram or the C2D 1.4GHZ Desire with 4GB ram.
For those interested, Dell started shipping this baby out a couple of days ago. So if you happen to get your hands on one of these, let us know what you think about it.