Google One Pass is a service that will let site publishers specify their own prices and terms for digital content. This will help site owners and publishers to de
velop and maintain direct relationships with their customers. This will also help the readers in getting access to digital content across websites and smartphone applications.
One Pass has its own advantages some of which are:
1. Readers who buy content from the service will be able to access it not only computers, but also on smartphones and tablets.
2. One Pass lets publishers authenticate existing subscribers. Because of this existing readers do not have to re-subscribe in order to access their content on new devices.
3. Because the control of prices will completely be in the developer’s / publisher’s hands, he/she can try out different models to see which one works best.
4. One Pass lets publishers optionally provide free and discounted access to digital content.
5. The payments are handled via Google Checkout.
One Pass was announced at Humboldt University in Berlin by Eric Schmidt. Currently the service is available for publishers in Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the U.K. and the U.S.
Visit Google One Pass.