You can choose to zip or rar these files and send them across, but this would require the user there to have a program to unzip or unrar the files.
PPTminimizer for Word and PowerPoint compresses PowerPoint presentations and Word documents without changing the file formats.
- File compression by up to 98%
- Compresses all PowerPoint presentations from PowerPoint 97 to 2007 (PPTX)
- Compresses all Word documents from Word 97 to 2003
- Keeps the original file format – no unzipping required
- Compresses StarOffice and OpenOffice presentations and documents provided they are saved in a Microsoft format
- Compact edition runs directly from CD or USB flash drive – no installation required
- Integrated search function
- “Drag & Drop” files directly into PPTminimizer to optimize several files at once
- 4 different compression levels
- Add-ins for Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Windows Explorer
I gave it a test drive with a few files and got really spectacular results as can be seen in the screenshot below. I was able to reduce the combined 30MB of 15 files to around 18MB.
And now for a limited time you can get a free single user license of PPTminimizer 4.0. The campaign is for PC Adviser users, but anybody can register by simply filling in their details. Request a key now!
Via: Blog Solute